We strongly believe that introducing your puppy to the grooming process from an early age will contribute to their socialization skills and help them deal with different and sometimes noisy situations.
Providing a positive first grooming experience will help to make for a happy, well balanced adult dog who enjoys being groomed throughout his life.
What to expect from an introductory puppy session at Cass’s Canine Clips
- Warm, Massaging hydro bath
- Towel and warm air fluff dry
- Trim nails and clean ears
- Trim excess hair in front of eyes, around feet and hygiene areas
- Finishing with a spritz of cologne
Oh and not forgetting the most important part lots and lots of cuddles and praise
How can you help? – Practice at home
Remember your pet has a mind of its own and a groomer will be working with sharp clippers and scissors. Dogs do not just stand still for grooming, they need to be trained to do so. Things to do at home that will help are as follows:
- Groom your puppy daily, even if only for 5 minutes.
It is a great bonding experience and your puppy will soon get used to the brush and comb.
- Stand small dogs on a table to groom them (be safe though and don’t let them jump off).
- Practice handling each day, especially holding their face, ears, feet and tail.
Also try gently holding the hair under their chin (tip: do this while you give them kisses!)
- Do not let them snap or play with the hoover or hair dryer at home.
This can cause us problems when we are trying to dry and clip your dog at the salon as the noise is similar.
The next step is a full groom! Hopefully your puppy will be pleased to see me and will take the full grooming process in their stride!
Please feel free to contact us should you require any further information.